I do believe I found a solution for my problem with printing from Linux Mint 14 MATE 64 bit to a networked Konica-Minolta Bizhub C220.
I downloaded the file openprinting-ppds-postscript-konica-minolta_20130226-1lsb3.2_all.deb from here,. I suppose I should have taken it from here, they do though seem to be the same and I installed the one from the binary-i386 directory before I noticed there were two directories and it worked with no problems! The MD5sum, SHA and SHA256 I found here. The driver file does not include the C220 designation so I used C250 which we previously had and that worked without problems then and now.
OpenPrinter driver installation:
- Double click the .deb and let it install
- Go to Admin>Printers, Select Add Printer
- Select Network Printer & thereunder your printer that gives you “AppSocket/JetDirect network printer via DNS-SD” Mine was the second printer instance down under Network Printer.
- Click Forward after selecting AppSocket/JetDirect network printer via DNS-SD
- A search for drivers ensues…
- Select Konica-Minolta C250 and PS(P), Postscript-KONICA-MINOLTA 20130226 (OpenPrinting LSB 3.2) [en], then click Forward
- Go through the Installable Options, name the printer Location and click Apply
- In Admin>Printers, select Printer Properties and set them, like paper size in Printer Options.
Now it prints. Any further reports will follow should they become necessary… Phew!